Monday, June 21, 2004

Jets Journal

The New York Daily News reported yesterday that the New York Jets have put a hold on "Jets Journal" for the 2004 season. Jets Journal was a weekly, in season, half hour show dealing directly with the New York Football Jets. It had aired on MSG for the past (maybe) 15 years?

I grew up watching that show on my local cablevision in Northwest Connecticut. I used to religiously watch Al Trautwig and Dave Jennings make fun of the Jets, themselves and Joe Walton in order to make a watchable television show about a sad sad franchise. They did just that.

I used to watch Jets Journal on Saturday nights to get me more excited to go to the Jets game the next day with my father. Watching highlights of last week's loss, and a preview of this week's potential loss. Heck, I was a naive child!!!

Anyway, after growing up, I watched less and less Jets Journal. Only really watching it when I would have nothing better to do on a Friday or Saturday night or evening. But the memories of it will always be there. And more importantly, it was the only (Jets only) football show that I ever had the chance to watch. Being outside NYC I would never be able to see "Jets 24/7" and besides that show, Jets Journal was the only other option.

I wished the NYJ's had decided to sell this show to the YES network. I wish they had kept the show alive. For no other reason, than to keep my childhood watching Dave Jennings and Al Trautwig alive... (Marty Lyons came later...).

Torse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home