Friday, August 13, 2004

Friday the 13th - Jets/Saints

9:30pm

See below for some analysis of some interesting stats in the first half of the Jets/Saints preseason game.

It is halftime now, and the first half of the first preseason game is all that matters. Second half involves most people just fighting for a job.

Jon McGraw had an interception in the first half. It's time for him to break out this season. If not; that draft pick was a bust. What was he a 3rd round pick? I'm not sure, but 3 years is enough to develop for a Safety.

------------------------

9:15pm

Bollinger is proving me wrong. He's 4 for 6 for 43 yards on this current Jets drive. My unsung draft pick Cotchery has 2 catches for 22 yards. I tell you, he WILL contribute to this receiving corps this year.

Jonathan Reese is getting some carries in this first half in place of Martin and Jordan. He has 11 carries for 40 yards. He was on the Jets in 2003, but didn't carry the football.

Brien kicked his second field goal.

(I am not concerned about the score. It's how you LOOK not whether you win or lose. Especially in the first preseason game.)

---------------------------------
I'm sitting here at 9pm tonight getting my first glimpse of the stats on the internet of tonight's game so far. I will be watching the game on tape tomorrow morning courtesy of the NFL Network.

Brian Bollinger has two fumbles, losing both of them. First of all, how long will it take Terry Bradway to sign a veteran backup? The line starts at 2 days. Any betters? Secondly, I hope this doesn't have something to say about the O-line. We shall see when I watch the game tomorrow.

The Jets rushing defense. 6 minutes left in the first half, the Saints have 76 yards rushing, including two rushes over 20 yards. I just wrote an e-mail to a fellow Jets fan telling him that I was about to puke over that stat. Of course, keep telling yourself how early in the preseason it is. Keep telling yourself how this defense has to gel.

Vilma has four tackles. Is this due to lack of good defensive line play? I hope not. I hope it means this kid is all over the field... I can't tell that by just stats.

Doug Brien. Just consistent as heck last year. Couldn't have asked for more from him. Would really "like" some more leg strength, but I'll take consistency over length and inconsistency (i.e. John Hall) any day.

I'll try to write more later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home