Monday, July 26, 2004

A Shake Up

A shake up in the AFC east just days before the Jets and the rest of the league opens training camp.  By shake up, I mean, the honor of finishing in second place this year could be up for grabs.  All three teams (Miami, Buffalo and the Jets) have a chance to capture second place.  My feeling going into Training camp?

  1. New England
  2. Buffalo
  3. New York
  4. Miami

Now, don't get me wrong, I think it could end up in a three way tie for second/third/last place.  But if I had to put a number on it, I would do what I did above. 

Buffalo has kept their offensive line in tact.  Of course you could ask me, why the heck does that matter?  True, they stunk last year, but they started to come together later in the season last year, their record may not have shown it, but their O-line was improving.  Probably looking at an 8-8 second place finish and missing the playoffs.

But Miami is the biggest story today after this weekend.  This retirement KILLS the Dolphins.  I really don't know how they recover from this.  Ricky Williams was probably the only reason Jay Fiedler had any success.  All defenses will now key on Fiedler in the passing game, and they will get murdered.  Not only that, but the Dolphin offensive line has been torn completely apart.

You should see the smile on my face as I write this.

Anyway, the Dolphin defense has never sent shivers down my spine.  They are susceptible to everything.  They seem to take chances; they get burnt deep; they aren't great against the run because they over-pursue with their speed.

The only good thing going for the Fish is they have favorable schedule.  Unfortunately, so do the Pats, Bills and Jets. 

DING DONG THE FISH ARE DEAD.

What a way to start training camp...!

 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home