Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Joe/WFAN/Vilma

My fellow contributor to this blog (Joe) is reporting that WFAN in New York is reporting that the New York Jets have signed Jonathan Vilma today.  I don't know when it will be officially announced or even more widely reported, but I will take this opportunity to give a hats off to this front office.  They may be inept in free agency, but they really know their numbers and the salary cap.

Vilma was the 12th pick in this year's NFL draft out of the University of Miami.  He is reported to be 6-1, 230 pounds, and very very quick.  Undersized doesn't bother me, but I'm really happy that he is reported to be fast.  That was the major downfall of the Jets last year; lack of team speed.

Update:

See story on this signing.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home